Richter Arts Center
The historic c.1918 Stanley Richter House was given to the City of Danbury in 1968 by Mrs. Irene Richter, with the stipulation that the City could only use the site for arts and recreation activities. In 1971 the Stanley L. Richter Association for the Arts was established to promote cultural affairs, including visual arts, drama, music, poetry, handicraft and creative writing at the site.
A musical theater company, Musicals at Richter, Inc., has been continuously operating from the lawn at the rear of the house since 1985. Current plans call for restoring, renovating and expanding the historic house to enhance its use as a cultural resource for the entire Danbury area.