© 2019 by PAUL B. BAILEY ARCHITECT

Old New-Gate Prison & Copper Mine

Master Plan

This museum site, owned and

administered by the Connecticut

Historical Commission, is a

National Historic Landmark.  It

includes America’s first copper

mine (1707) and Connecticut’s first

prison (1773-1827).  Also on site is

the historic early 19th century Viets

Tavern and a large barn structure

from the same period.  Our firm

was retained as a consultant by the

Department of Public Works of the

State of Connecticut to perform a

comprehensive survey, analysis

and master planning study of this site.