For over forty years this mansion has been home to all of Yale University’s Provosts. It was built in 1836 on what was considered the most prestigious street in New Haven, if not in all of Connecticut. The house was built for a wealthy Boston widow, Mary Pritchard and was designed by esteemed architect Alexander Jackson Davis. A number of additions and alterations have occurred over the years. Yale University bought the house and converted it into a student dormitory, but since 1967 the house has been returned to a one-family dwelling, and opened occasionally for large catered parties. Our firm was selected to restore the entire building with special attention to historic details, upgrade all of the systems, and increase the functionality of its rooms and corridors.