PAUL B. BAILEY ARCHITECT, LLC
- Award Winning -
2008 Historic Preservation Award for the Built Environment for Adaptive Reuse from Connecticut Trust
2008 Hartford Preservation Alliance Award for Adaptive Reuse
2008 Excellence in Construction Award from ABC Connecticut
This historic building was originally built circa 1927 as a parochial school for the adjacent St. Michael’s Church. The current rehabilitation will create 16 one bedroom units of elderly housing. Exterior details will be restored, and new energy efficient windows and doors will match the appearance of the original sash. Common spaces on the ground floor and residential levels will include elevator lobbies, lounges, a medical clinic and other support spaces for the 40 unit Grandfamily Housing Development, of which this building is one component.